In 1949. A house for elderly and disabled people was set up in a former Vaitkus house. At that time 25 people with special needs and 7 working employees were settled there.
In 1954a small two-storey wooden house was built, in which an office was located and care home workers were living.
In 1956 the manager of care home became Jonas Gilys, under whose leadership a two-story brick building, housing 80 seats was built in 1958-1959.
In 1960 construction of a new building was finished. It had a bathhouse, laundry room, boiler room and a soft storage warehouse.
In 1963 construction of second large two-story housing (started in 1961) was completed. It had 200 rooms for care home residents, a kitchen, dining room, library hall and medical center.
In 1965 water, sewerage and heating was installed in all the home.
In 1969 400 people with special needs and 76 workers were residing at social care home.
In 1985 kitchen and dining room in the second housing was extended. People with special needs began to eat in one shift.
In 1996 social care home becomes a psycho-neurological profile home for adults with mental or intellectual disabilities.
In 2006 Aukštelke social care home opened a branch in Pagryzuvis village, Kelme district.
Social care home's agricultural activity:
50 hectares of land belonged to the manor, which was transferred to the social care home. In a former manor house stables, social care home kept cows, pigs, geese, chickens. All food for social care home residents was supplied from that farm.
In 1962 was repealed “Golden Ear’s collective farm”, and 400 hectares of land which belonged to the collective farm was given to the social care home. In the same year social care home built outbuildings: cowshed which held 150 cattle, piggery with 800 pigs, 300 tons barn, 200 tons of vegetable storage containers, 300 tons of grain storage warehouse. Also, there were built greenhouses, garages for equipment storage, workshop. Social care home had two combines, 3 tractors, 2 trucks.
Residents of social care home helped to work ancillary tasks.
In 1964 were excavated 4 ponds, where were carps reared.
In 1980 land with all the farm buildings was transferred to the “New Life collective farm”. Social care home had 50 acres of land where they grew vegetables.
Currently, social care home does not grow anything on their land. All food products are purchased.
At the moment, social home care’s area is 12 ha in Aukštelkė village and 8 acres in Pagryzuvis village.
Cultural and social activities:
In 1963 increased the number of people with special needs, therefore, art director was employed. Social care home’s life picked up. There appeared women ensemble, drama circle, band, dance groups for the elderly.
Frequent guests in social care home are various art groups. There performed the ensemble “Lithuania”, collective group of Siauliai Drama Theater, arrived writer V.Dautartas and etc.
There were organized sightseeing tours across Lithuania and in abroad (St.Petersburg, Moscow, Sigulda and etc.).
Social care home's headed managers:
Mykolas Šulminas (1947-1956 m.)
Jonas Gilys (1956-1962 m.)
Vladas Kačinskas (1962-1983 m.)
Steponas Savickas (1983-1991 m.)
Albertas Špokas (1991-2001 m.)
Janina Baranauskaitė (from 2001 m.)
Siekdami pagerinti Jūsų naršymo kokybę, statistiniais ir informaciniais tikslais šioje svetainėje naudojame slapukus, kuriuos galite bet kada atšaukti pakeisdami savo interneto naršyklės nustatymus ir ištrindami įrašytus slapukus. Patvirtinkite savo sutikimą juos naudoti, paspausdami „Sutinku“.SutinkuPrivatumo politika